Friday, May 20, 2005

Orchard Friends

Our experience with the Orchard Friends group started with our visit to Moorsetown in early spring. Our Journey continued when we met the group on Wednesday to start our Sedge Adventure, and what an adventure it was! When we got to sedge you were more knowledgeable than many groups because of your wonderful teachers at school.
We were impressed with everyone the following day when we braved the strong northeast windsin the bay when we paddled to the Buster Islands. We wanted to thanks Bob, Bob, Chuck and Ken from the Jersey Shore Sea Kayakers Association for helping us with the paddle, we couldn't have done it without you!
On our final day of the trip with near gale force winds and driving rain, we ventured across the bay to the waiting bus. Once again the group was amazing and handled the weather very well. Thank you for a great experience, all of you were fantastic!!!
Thank you Mrs. Opdyke, Mrs. Deaner and Mr. Deaner, and also thank you to the fathers Mr. Downer and Mr. Welsh for all your guidance, suport and help with the group. We look foward to future visits and can't wait to read your comments!

Jim and Katina

To comment on this post, click on the "Comments" link below and choose anonymous as your identity.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Where are you guys? We would like to hear from you. Jim

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a great time. I liked fishing and netting with Tristan. We caught sea stars. I looked for shells and found hermit crabs. Thanks for everything.
joe

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sedge Island was so much fun. I would go back some day. I learnd so much. There were a lot of things I have not seen before so that was cool. I would like to say thank you to everybody at Sedge Island.
chloe

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melanie said...
I had so much fun with my dad at Sedge Island. I liked kayaking with my dad because I got to be with my dad.

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah T. said...
I had a great time. I liked looking for shells and hermit crabs. I found sea stars. I really liked kayaking very much. I think the sunset was very pretty.

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kasandra said...
I had a great time at Sedge Island. I loved learning about everything from listening to Dr. Merritt and Katina. I loved watching Dr. Merritt show everybody how to kayak. I loved learning about kayaking because it was my first time doing it. I really loved catching sea stars.

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah W. said...
Oh my gosh! Sedge Island was so much fun. I learned a lot. I hated our last day because it was cold and rainy.

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah S. said...
It was an awesome trip! My favorite part was hanging out with my friends. I learned a lot about animals, but I wish I could have learned more. I did learn that the Peregrine Falcon is the fastest bird alive! Brrrr, it was so cold the last day. I was soaked! I had a fantastic time. Don't leave without me next year!:)

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so fun to go and see wildlife. I liked when we went seining i liked when i went clamming; i like using the clam rakes, kayaking was very hard for me.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought that Sedge Island was extraordinary. The kayaking was equisite and interactive. Like out of a movie or a t.v. show, we were on an island and tried to make the best of time. I so want to do it again. It was so awesome. Rock on Sedge Islands!

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Sedge Island! I wish I could go next year. Kat and Dr. Jim were fun to hang out with. Clamming and kayaking are some of my favorite and coolest things I did. We caught sea stars. I liked hanging out with my friends and Kat on the back porch. I loved it and I hope to come back soon!!

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sedge Island was a lot of fun. I liked kayaking; it was tiring, but fun. It wasn't what I expected, but it was still fun.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My experience at Sedge Island was out of this world. The food was great. I learned a lot about marine ecology on the trip. I also loved kayaking. I loved Sedge Island!

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home