Sunday, June 05, 2005

Irvington

It was great to have the Irvington teachers, and friends, back at Sedge Island. Once again it was raining, but you guys are troopers! Saturday turned out to be a beautiful day and we paddled through the mosquito ditches and even stopped for lunch on my hero, Pete McClain's, porch.

I want to thank everyone for pitching in on our island walk collecting trash. I am so proud of those of you that were grossed out but still came along, you get used to the squish when you walk.
Clamming, don’t worry Clare, you’ll get em next time!
We found so many different species seining, and who would have known that our cocktail onion was actually an anemone!

We look forward to your future returns to Sedge Island, and hope that you go out and share something about your Sedge Island experience with your students.

Katina and Jim

To comment on this post, click on the "Comments" link below and choose anonymous as your identity.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Katina,

Thanks for the photos - they're great. We had a wonderful weekend. As a first time kayaker, your lesson was very good and made me feel comfortable when we went out on the bay Saturday. My only disappointment is that we didn't have more time to kayak. Your knowledge of the marsh and all its plants and animals made everything we did, from our walk around the island to seining, very interesting. Thanks again.

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Sedge" was superlative as usual
And I think everyone made new friends.
"Sedge" had a little more drama than usual
I'm not sure why.
Maybe I didnt orient the way I should have.......
I would like to make Sedge a tradition, but the food aspect is overwhelming.
Any suggestions?

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home