Monday, June 20, 2005

Appalachian Mt. Club

It was a pleasure to have the sea kayakers from the AMC return to Sedge. As in previous years having experienced paddlers with real sea kayaks enabled us to visit places I rarely get to see. Our trip across Oyster Creek Channel to Gull Island was safe because we were able to stay together and quickly maneuver around the boat traffic. Our hike around the island rewarded us with views of a large colony of nesting herons, egrets, oyster catchers and, thousands of gulls. The Fathers Day kayak/peace canoe trip through the narrow mosquito ditches was a fun challenge. I will never forget seeing the four juvenile mink swimming near the dock. That was a first for me! Remember me taking the green crabs home for bait? My friend used one to catch a 90.5 lb black drum (7.5lbs. short of the state record) this morning while surf fishing near my house. He is very appreciative.
Jim Merritt

To comment on this post, click on the "Comments" link below and choose anonymous as your identity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home